On 1/27/24 17:44, Jim wrote:
> The wiki page for \setupexternalfigure says
>      "Show frame around image. Most(?) options of \setupframed are usable!"

Hi Jim,

I’m afraid that this is a too generous statement.

https://www.pragma-ade.com/general/qrcs/setup-en.pdf#page=218 shows
which keys and values \setupexternalfigure allows.

> I tried to put a frame around a picture (using \externalfigure with
> frame=on) but I didn't get the frame to play nicely (see example below).  I
> can get the frame where I want it if instead I do
>      \framed[frame=on,...]{\externalfigure...}
> but this leaves me wondering whether
> (1) I am misinterpreting the wiki pages,
> (2) The wiki pages are misleading/wrong, or

I would say, that the offset and frameoffset don’t seem to be available
in \setupexternalfigure.

> (3) There is a bug in some code.
>
> If anyone would care to enlighten me, I would appreciate it.
>
> In particular, the offset=... option of \externalfigure does not seem to be
> consistent with the offset=... option of \framed.

I hope it is clear now.

> Here is the example... one and all should be able to directly run it, but
> the text above and below each picture may make the issues clear without
> having to run the code.  (The result I was looking for is the second figure
> in this example.)

To get offset in the frame of the image, you need a different frame from
the external figure itself (or so it seems).

I hope it helps,

Pablo

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /