Hi Hraban,

I think we should clarify this.

Binding correction is a fixed amount of whitespace in the spine added to the
inner white-space. This is to ensure, that the binding, which is consuming
white-space, keeps the inner white-space optically as intended..

The page shift mechanism works only with imposition enabled. This ensures, that
the type-setting area does not creep towards the spine because multiple sheets
of paper are folded in the spine.

I doubt whether it is enough to have the measure of the thickness do determine
this creeping effect, because we are making folds which are probably more
circles than just adding thickness of paper.

Willi

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /