Hi Hraban,

> On 19 Mar 2024, at 21:56, Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> wrote:
>
> Thank you Willi!
>
> Generally I know for what binding correction is used, I just never tried to
> set it up. If I look carefully at one of our printed booklets, the printshop
> also didn’t. So I'd need pageshift without applying imposition (setting it up
> wouldn’t hurt).

I organise this always with correction to the backspace.

> I didn’t think about vertical pageshift, but of course that’s also needed for
> cross-folded sheets.
>
> I'm not sure how (horizontal) pageshift is supposed to work with full page
> images without introducing white borders, but bleed at the inner edge should
> be enough.
>
> Theoretically the shift value should be the same as the paper thickness
> (don’t you think?), but there’s some deformation involved, so a factor might
> make sense?

I think that this would be quite cumbersome, paper thickness of higly coated
papers vs. novel-printing paper… I believe one would have to establish this
thickness for each project unless the same paper is used...

> Unfortunately I threw out my old books on printing technology long ago, and
> my newer one doesn’t cover bookbinding (I’m not at home anyway).

I think, that many printshops do not possess neither old books including
bookbinding nor do they care about the wishes of the binder … Pity, that you
threw them out, but i understand, that circumstances might be such that you
have to take decisions…

Willi