Taco,

isn't this a bit too general? All the fonts I have converted with texfont are shared by LaTeX and ConTeXt, and I haven't had any trouble so far. My rule of thumb was: if the font itself (i.e. the tfm) works at the basic level of TeX recognizing and using it, everything else is just a question of a clever use of typescripts (ConTeXt) and font definitions (LaTeX). The only precondition: I gather all the relevant lines into one big mapfile which is read by ConTeXt at runtime (\loadmapfile[my.map]) and has to be enabled via updmap-sys for LaTeX. But AFAICS, the Berry-namimg scheme is not necessary even for LaTeX. Or am I being overoptimistic?

Best

Thomas