\setupitemize[each][n]
   [margin=2em, % play with this dimension
    left={(},
    stopper=,
    right={)},
    alignment=left]

Cheers

Thomas

On Nov 21, 2005, at 1:51 PM, Otared KAVIAN wrote:

HI all,

I have a rather long sequence of items in which each one is numbered
with a right stopper, a right parenthesis. Items numbered from 1) to
9) are correctly aligned and what I want is to have items 10) to 12)
(for instance) be aligned in the same way, that is:
  (9) item number 9.
(10) item number 10.
(11) item number 11.
(12) item number 12.

in other words numbers above 10 should protrude to the left, not to
the right (see the minimal example below).

I am sure at some point in the past I solved this issue but I cannot
find anymore how...
Can anyone give insight?

Another, secondary question, is: how can I make the items be numbered like:
 (1) item one
 (2) item two
that is numbers are enclosed between parentheses?

Thanks a lot in advance: OK

%% item-sample.tex
\defineconversion[exercise][\numbers]
\starttext
\startitemize[exercise][style=bold,stopper=)]
\dorecurse{12}{\item This is question number \recurselevel.}
\stopitemize