Hans Hagen wrote:

i had to tweak my gbsong map file for names of encodings files

what is todays standard naming scheme in china?

I don't quite understand what does the "naming scheme " mean, I'm not an expert in TeXing.

well, sometime i get files that assume gbk-xx.enc and other times such encoding files are referenced as gbxxxx.enc

long ago i got metrics and enc/map files from Wang Lei (we needed to generate things ourselves with rather buggy programs) but in the meantime chinese tex support may have changed

Wang Lei is an expert in China TeX community. Can you get touch with him ?
 I think his answer to your question should be authoritative.

 I think it's a good idea.

I've download essential map, enc and tfm files for Chinese from the internet, do you need a copy of them ?

ok; maybe you should put that link in the wiki (a page on chinese or so)

OK