Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Make a tree called pragma-texmf. Download cont-tmf.zip and
> cont-fnt.zip and unzip them in pragma-texmf. Go to MikTex options and
> add pragma-texmf as a tree. Move it up so that it is the first tree.
/.../
> This makes me feel whether it is a good idea to have miktex and
> context for windows (from the pragma site) in parallel. I use cygwin
> and context for windows only seems to work from cmd.exe and not
> bash.exe. I tried to convert setuptex.sh to setuptex.bash, but could
> not get to work. So, I settled with the method of downloading the
> relevant trees and things work (by black magic, as you said)

I have them (MikTeX and the stand-alone from Pragma) in parallel
without any problem. I created "pragmatex.bat" (visible by PATH) which
calls the setuptex.bat (or whatever the script in the stand-alone
distr. is called). The two distros don't interfere at all. Once I call
"pragmatex", all the sources and executables are chosen from the
stand-alone tree when I compile the documents. (But thanks for the
idea of making another texmf-pragma tree! I always managed to break
something when mixing MikTeX and original files from Pragma, that's
why I preferred to leave things as they are and use another distro
instead.)

I'm not sure, but I guess that you would need tetex to run it from
bash. Don't ask me about the numerous (still unsolved) problems I had
just because the ruby executable is only available under cygwin at the
university.

Mojca