Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Is it OK that those mpx314 files end with \end{document}?

Yes, that is 'normal': plain TeX (and thereby ConTeXt) only sees the
\end command, and LaTeX/SliTeX sees the whole \end{document} (this
stuff was written before ConTeXt became popular).

> Is there any way to explore why the crash would happen? I get "An
> unhandled win32 exception occured in pdfetex.exe [2384]", 3164, 812,
> 1752, 2776, ...

A (likely) candidate is an (software-ignored) attempt to write to
a file that is still in use by another application. It is quite
possible that this is the result of an I/O timing error that is in
itself caused by a misconfigured win32 install (harddisks in ms-dos
compatility mode, for example, or soundcard that share interrupts
with the harddisk controller.

The crash information means absolutely nothing to me, sorry.

Cheers, Taco