On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> WN wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think I am using the latest context version
>
>> I  cannot see any difference in the setup. I must be doing something
>> basically wrong ???
>
> There is a bug, and it is caused by the embedded \startalign
> environment. Minimal file:
>
>  \starttext
>  \placeformula[eqn1]
>  \startformula \startalign[n=1] a\\ \stopalign \stopformula
>  See \in[eqn1]
>  \stoptext

To WN, quick workaround, use \NR construct rather than \\.

\starttext
\placeformula
  \startformula \startalign[n=1]
   a \NR[eqn1]
  \stopalign \stopformula
\stoptext

>From what I understand, Hans said that this loose label was an ugly method
to refer to equations. Consider
\placeformula[eq1]
  \startformula \startalign[n=1]
    eqn 1 \NR
    eqn 2 \NR
  \stopalign \stopformula

What should eq1 refer to? The first equation or the second? The "correct"
way is to specify which one you want to be refered, so
\placeformula
  \startformula \startalign[n=1]
    eqn 1 \NR[eq1]
    eqn 2 \NR
  \stopalign \stopformula

And this does work correctly.

Actually, there is another problem. Consider this

\placeformula \startformula \startalign
  \NC ... \NC ... \NR
  \NC ... \NC ....\NR
  \NC ... \NC ... \NR
\stopalign \stopformula

vs

\placeformula \startformula \startalign
  \NC ..\NC ... \NR
  \NC ..\NC ... \NR[+]
\stopalign \stopformula

The second construct should only number the second equation, and it does
exactly that. The first does not number any equation, which is also the
correct and expected behaviour.

Now suppose that I want to number all equations. I am pretty sure that
this used to work (can't check at the moment, as I have upgraded context)

\placeformula[+] \startformula \startalign
  \NC ... \NC ... \NR
  \NC ... \NR ... \NR
\stopalign \stopformula

However, this is no longer working? How do I number all the equations in a
multiline formula, without doing a \NR[+] at each line?

Aditya