>It is just my 2c, but I really dislike the Tioga approach. It feels
>like typesetting a book in TeX by writing a single-shot pascal
>program. ;-)
>
>Specifically, I find code like this (Tioga):
>
>   move_to_point(x0, y0)
>   append_curve_to_path(x1, y1, x2, y2, x3, y3)
>
>far uglier than this (Asymptote/MetaPost):
>
>   z0.. controls z1 and z2 .. z3

Very true, but you forgot that in Tioga everything is done inside Ruby
interpreter. Tioga is a Ruby extension so you could use the power of
Ruby, its standard library and all the other extensions made for it
inside Tioga.
However, I don't like Asymptote, just seeing things like this:
----------------------
struct parent {
real x=1;
public void virtual(int) {write (0);}
void f() {virtual(1);}
}
parent operator init() {return new parent;}
void write(parent p) {write(p.x);}
struct child {
parent parent;
real y=2;
void virtual(int x) {write (x);}
parent.virtual=virtual;
void f()=parent.f;
}
parent operator cast(child child) {return child.parent;}
child operator init() {return new child;}
parent p;
child c;
write(c); // Outputs 1;
p.f(); // Outputs 0;
c.f(); // Outputs 1;
write(c.parent.x); // Outputs 1;
write(c.y);
But, do we really need a baroque language like this to just draw some
primitive graphics?

jk

--
Jilani KHALDI