On Thu, 11 May 2006 00:11:47 +0200, Thomas A. Schmitz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, that's strange. I just checked, and everything is golden on a linux
> system (gentoo, but I gues the same is true for other linux distros). So
> I really don't see why OS X should behave differently. Is there any
> debugging info that I could provide? How 'bout the other OS X users (I
> seem to recall there were quite a few of them): do you get the same
> error?

Strictly speaking it's not OSX, but i've a FreeBSD distro, which is close,
and it works fine.

Are you sure you have the permission to write in any of these paths?

BTW, i find dangerous to do (kpse.formatpath method):

                 # locate writable path
                 if ! formatpath.empty? then
                     formatpath.split_path.each do |fp|
                         fp.gsub!(/\\/,'/')
                         # remove funny patterns
                         fp.sub!(/^!!/,'')
                         fp.sub!(/\/+$/,'')
                         fp.sub!(/unsetengine/,if enginepath then engine
else '' end)
                         if ! fp.empty? && (fp != '.') then
                             # strip (possible engine) and test for
writeability
                             fpp = fp.sub(/#{engine}\/*$/,'')
                             if FileTest.directory?(fpp) &&
FileTest.writable?(fpp) then
                                 # use this path
                                 formatpath = fp.dup
                                 break
                             end
                         end
                     end
                 end
                 # needed !
                 begin File.makedirs(formatpath) ; rescue ; end ;

If none of the paths from formatpath is valid, we keep the whole concat
path in this variable... that then is used to create a directory tree.
Thomas, maybe that you have ugly directories created starting with an
hidden directory named ".:". You should check that.

Regards,
BG