On Thu, 11 May 2006, Johannes Graumann wrote:

> However, just calling 'texexec document.tex' does not work - NOTHING
> happens, new prompt, no errors.
> Same thing with 'texmfstart texexec.rb document.tex' - which is the command
> the 'texexec'-stub actually calls.

You should try perhaps
export RUBYLIB=~/texmf/scripts/context/ruby

Using teTeX-3.0, here is what I've done to switch from perl texexec to the
ruby one:
chmod +x /opt/teTeX/texmf-context/scripts/context/ruby/texmfstart.rb
cd /usr/local/bin
ln -s /opt/teTeX/texmf-context/scripts/context/ruby/texmfstart.rb texmfstart

copy these 3 lines into /opt/teTeX/bin/texexec:
#!/bin/sh
export RUBYLIB=/opt/teTeX/texmf-context/scripts/context/ruby
exec texmfstart texexec.rb "$@"

One remark for the texexec developer: it seems, when searching for
executables, the order in $PATH is not respected. For example: I had
/opt/teTeX/bin/dvips and /usr/bin/dvips and PATH=/opt/teTeX/bin:...
but it was /usr/bin/dvips that was called to create the PS-file.

(Not a big problem, I've just removed /usr/bin/dvips...)

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/