On Tue, 23 May 2006 17:15:28 +0200, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

not yet interfaced but public anyway

\chardef\kindofpagetextareas\plusone

Ah, yes, there's no more overlapping for both test cases.

But I've seen a side effect of this setting. It appears rarely, and I had difficulties to reproduce it. So, please find attached the cut-and-pasted buggy page to have exactly the same placements.

The problem is that with this setting the blank spaces around titles or paragraphs is a bit greater than it was. It's not an issue by itself, but then the text sometimes overlap the bottom footnote. Note that there's no textbackground involved in attached the case. It is defined only to activate the behaviour via the \enabletextarearegistration call.

Regards,
BG