On 5/25/06, Neal Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I renamed my input file to temp.tex.
>
> Now I get:
>
> kpathsea: Running mktexfmt cont-en.fmt
> mktexfmt: No such file or directory
> I can't find the format file `cont-en.fmt'
>
> The file cont-en.fmt is in
>
> texmf-linux/web2c/pdfetex
>
> I added the following line to texmf/context/config/texexec.ini
>
> TeXFormatPath     texmf-linux/web2c/pdfetex     fmt files

When you run ". setuptex <your_texroot_path>" you should end up with

TEXFORMATS='$TEXMFOS/web2c/{$engine,}'

If this is OK, then try "texexec --check" and "texexec --verbose test"
to see if you get some hints.

> That didn't help, so I copied texexec.ini to
>
> texmf-linux/bin
>
> but that didn't help either.

The kpsewhich utility is used to search the ls-R databases and can
also display the values of variables.  Unfortunately, the documentation
is probably not in the minimal configuration you have.  If you can
find another system with TeX, try "info kpsewhich".

--
George N. White III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia