On Jun 1, 2006, at 5:52 AM, Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:

> Hmm, no: gentoo is distro where every package is optimally
> *compiled* by
> your machine, and tetex version right now is " 3.0_p1-r3"
>
> cheers
> --
> Jean

That's not quite right: if you run the stable gentoo branch, you get
version 2.0.2-r8. The version you mention is in unstable. I have
played with several linux distros and think that the tetex setup for
gentoo is unnecessarily complicated. But it's good to see that gentoo
is now including an experimental texlive package: http://
packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=texlive Given the demise of
tetex, this may be an important step.

Best

Thomas