2006/7/2, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Johan Sandblom wrote:
> > I can't really think why it wouldn't work then. Perhaps it is to do
> > with \write18 and the right of TeX to run external programs? Or maybe
> > R on the mac does not take the same command-line options? In that case
> > the output of the texexec run should be revealing. R takes more than a
> > second to start up so there are noticable breaks in the output after
> > which error messages from R appear. Btw, the reason it does not work
> > on contextgarden is likely that R is not installed there.
> >
> one problem could be that R has this piping; i wonder why a program that
> takes a 50 meg installation does not support something --output or i
> must have missed something

I think R is most commonly used interactively in which case it is not
needed. Anyway, OS X is a unix-alike so it should work fine. It even
works on Windoze! The R MAC FAQ
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#Command-line-version-of-R
indicates that this approach should work.

Johan

> Hans
>

> --

Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm
m +46735521477  Sweden
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite"
- Bertrand Russell