Hello,

I have no idea which version I had installed before that, but after
upgrading to the latest beta and using an image filename.pdf the
following creates an error:
    \externalfigure[filename]
(worked OK before), while
    \externalfigure[filename][width=3cm]
works OK.

Here's the log:

figures         : dimensions of KI are determined externally
Error: PDF version 1.6 -- xpdf supports version 1.5 (continuing anyway)

Warning: pdftex.exe (file ./img/uni-lj.pdf): pdf inclusion: found pdf version <
1.6>, but at most version <1.5> allowed
 <./img/uni-lj.pdf
Warning: pdftex.exe (file ./img/uni-lj.pdf): pdf inclusion: Page Group detected
 which pdfTeX can't handle. Ignoring it.

figures         : dimensions of uni-lj are determined externally
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   @
\finalscaleboxwidth ->@
                       @efwidth
\prepackageexternalfigureobject ...lscaleboxwidth
                                                  \global \ht \foundexternal...

\calculateexternalfigure ...eexternalfigureobject
                                                  \pushpublicfigurevariables...
<argument> ...setfigure ][\s!dummy ][uni-lj][][][]
                                                  \calculateexternalscreenfi...

\firstofoneargument #1->#1

l.120   \hfill

Thanks,