Good point, in the actual case there were two columns, a name and a
number. The reason for using the table is align the name to the left
and the number to the right. So a more realistic example is something
like

\starttext
\bTABLE
\setupTABLE[c][1][align=right]
\setupTABLE[c][2][align=left]
\dorecurse{10}{
  \bTR\bTD foo\eTD\bTD 123\eTD\eTR
  \bTR\bTD b  \eTD\bTD 123456\eTD\eTR}
\eTABLE
\stoptext

Thank you for your interest.

Regards, Johan

2006/9/27, Peter Rolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Johan Sandblom wrote:
> > What is missing from the example that started the thread?
> >
> Nothing, but I think it would be a waste of time. Instead of a one
> column table (of this size) I would use
> \startitemize[n,columns,three] or simply change the orientation of the
> table and use column spanning (columns.pdf).
> In my eyes a one column table is the wrong approach to present such content.
>
> Peter
>
> > Johan
> >
> > 2006/9/26, Peter Rolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >> Hi Johan,

> >> Sorry, I have missed that your test table has only one column (really
> >> narrow). So offset and empty column are pretty useless. :)
> >> I thought there were 9 table columns, that should be split over the
> >> three page columns.
> >>
> >> So all depends on the exact size of your table. Can you make a minimal
> >> example?
> >>
> >> Greetings, Peter

Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm
m +46735521477  Sweden
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite"
- Bertrand Russell