Thank you very much, Mr. Hagen, and all the other gentlemen that helped me
or were willing to help.

For there is no easy ways available, I think I should read these two files
thoroughly. I hope I can master ConTeXt like you guys so that I could help
others who have weird requests like me one day.

Best regards to you

On 1/16/07, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Zhichu Chen wrote:
> Thanks, Mr. Hoekwater
>
> If the texts are short, say they won't go to the next column, they
> could be
> stored into a \vbox whose \hsize is half of the width of current column
> (maybe less) and \vsplit it into two equally high ones.
>
> But when it's long enough, I think I need to know the rest room for the
> current column. Is there any primitives just behavior like \pagegoal?

for those willing to experiment ... m-streams (and page-str) implement
page streams and to some extend one can make columned subpages and feed
them back into the main vertical list

Sincerely yours,
Chen