On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 08:25:22PM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> > It should work out ok if you change the map file line to either:
> >
> >    cmr12  LMRoman12-Regular   <lm-rep-cmrm.enc  <lmr12.pfb
>
> This didn't work.
>
> > or
> >
> >    cmr12     CMR12    <cmr12.pfb
>
> This worked. Now, things are quite all right, except that I am still
> unhappy with the rendering in Acrobat. But at least the things seem to
> be mostly solved with this one.

Thanks for all the help, but one final question before I give up!

IF I use pdflatex, this is the header of a PS file I get upon doing
dvips:

%!PS-Adobe-2.0
%%Creator: dvips(k) 5.95b Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software
%%Title: myfile.dvi
%%Pages: 1
%%PageOrder: Ascend
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 595 842
%%DocumentFonts: CMR17 CMR12 CMBX12 CMR10 CMMI12 CMEX10 CMSY8 CMMI8 CMR8
%%+ MSBM10 CMR7 CMBX10

However, for ConTeXt, the output I get is:

%!PS-Adobe-2.0
%%Creator: dvips(k) 5.95b Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software
%%Title: test.dvi
%%Pages: 1
%%PageOrder: Ascend
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 595 842
%%DocumentFonts: LMRoman12-Regular CMR12 LMMathItalic9-Italic
%%+ LMMathItalic12-Italic LMMathSymbols10-Italic

Now, is there any way to force the fonts to map on to the old CMR
names? That is because I feel it is because of the CMR/lmodern issue
that pdflatex generated PDFs appear properly, while ConTeXt ones
don't. What should the map file look like?

Also, please find the Debian default map file here:

http://www.ee.iitm.ac.in/~ee03b091/original-public-lm.map.gz

Thanks for bearing with me. I want to try my best before giving up,
failing which I will be forced to return to teTeX (with the old
ConTeXt) and miss out on some new ConTeXt niceties, such as
\startalign etc.

Thanks.

Kumar
--