On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Chris Rawnsley wrote:

> Hello All,
>  I am writing a project report for a PHP project I have completed and
> I need to include the code I have written. I would like to have code
> that is highlighted similar to the editor I use (it's Notepad2 but I'm
> sure most of you know what I mean), has line numbers and is in a
> monospaced font.
>
>  Now I know that ConTeXt itself doesn't have support for PHP
> highlighting but I have found something in the third party modules
> that is able to use ViM to do what I want. Unfortuantely, I can't get
> it to work, hence why I am here!
>
>  I'm on Windows XP and I am using the standalone ConTeXt distribution
> from the 22nd March 2007. When I came to install the module, I found
> that it was already included in the distribution. I have installed the
> distribution under C:\ConTeXt\ along with Perl (C:\perl\) and Ruby
> (C:\ruby\). What is non-standard in my setup is my own custom built
> batch file:
>
> I'll put that in the directory of the .tex file I want to run it on.
> In this case it is "c_Implementation.tex". My implementation file
> looks like this:
>
> \startcomponent c_Implementation
> \product ../prd_TennisClubBookingSystem
> \project ../../prj_School

You do not need to mention ../ and ../../. ConTeXt automatically
searches for product and project files in one higher directory.

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> % Setup Figures %
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \setupexternalfigures[directory={Implementation/Figures,Figures}]
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%
> % Content %
> %%%%%%%%%%%
> \chapter[cha:Implementation]{Implementation}
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \definevimtyping [RUBY] [syntax=ruby]
> \startRUBY
> #! /usr/bin/ruby
> # This is my first ruby program
> puts "Hello World"
> \stopRUBY
>
> And when I run my batch file on it, TeXexec returns the error:
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.36 \definevimtyping
>                      [RUBY] [syntax=ruby]

Do you have \usemodule[vim] somewhere in the setup? Does the log file
say something like "module:    ViM Syntax Highliting"

What does texmfstart --locate 't-vim.tex' give?

> I think where I am falling down is that ViM doesn't seem integrated to
> me. I have it placed under C:\Programs\ViM\ and I used the installer
> which has all the different types GUI and command line version as
> well. Do I need the set something up in the module to make it know
> where ViM is or do I need to somehow directly use ViM itself?

You need vim.exe to be in your PATH.

Does texmfstart bin:vim start vim?

Aditya