On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Chris Rawnsley wrote:

> Ah ha! It is a very simple thing that is stopping it.
>
> In t-vim.tex on line 312 the preceeding double quote needed to be
> removed and on line 324 the double quote before %1 needed to be
> removed.
>
> Line 312 before:
>          " -u NONE  % No need to read unnessary configurations
> Line 312 after:
>           -u NONE  % No need to read unnessary configurations
>
> Line 324 before:
>            " #1}}
> Line 324 after:
>            #1}}

I never really understood how quoting behaves in the tex->ruby->vim
chain. Something is still fishy there as the module used to work fine
in my and Mojca's machine (both Windoes). I will try to dig deeper
into it.

> I'll move passed just using the examples now and see if this still
> works. This is going to save me alot of time. Thanks for your help and
> thank you for creating it in the first place :-)

Some caveats

- The module is slow.
- It reconvers the snippets each time you compile your document.
- If you want to typeset a big chunk of code, it is possible to
convert the code using 2context and then just import this code. There
is no user interface for it. In case you need it, I can provide that.

Hopefully, with luatex, writing syntax highlighting will become much
easier.

Aditya