On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Chris Rawnsley wrote:

> LuaTeX does certainly look very promising indeed.
>
>> - If you want to typeset a big chunk of code, it is possible to
>> convert the code using 2context and then just import this code. There
>> is no user interface for it. In case you need it, I can provide that.
>
> I think that solution would be best for me. I have quite a large chunk
> of code so compiling will take a while. If you mean a user interface
> as in GUI, I'm fine with working on the command line. If you weren't
> talking about a GUI then if you could spare the time it'd be
> greatfully appreciated.

Suppose you have a file called program.php. You create a batch file
that runs the texmfstart bin:vim ... line to create
program-vimsyntax.tmp file. Then in your ConTeXt code, you can say,

\typevimfile[convert=no][program.php]

So, compiling will not be slowed by running vim each time. But you
will manually have to make sure that you convert all files. I will try
to provide a user interface for something like this.

> Just as a side note, is there a way to fix it so that line numberings
> are always on the left?

\sesupvimtyping[numbering=on]

> Oh and how can I change to a fixed width font
> for code listings?

By default, \tftt and \tt fonts are used for code listing. The easiest
way to change to a different font is to use it as your
default teletype font. If that is not possible, then you will need to
define a new colorscheme, along the lines of the default colorscheme,
but changing \v!mono with whatever font you want.

Aditya