On 29/04/07, Aditya Mahajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> > Well, then I need to make some more changes in the module. Since, you
> > are up against a deadline right now, and are willing to suffer the
> > delay caused by this module, I will trying hacks to make this work.
>
> Eh.. I meant, "I will _stop_ trying hacks to make this work."

That's cool. I think it works *more* than adaquetly as it stands now.

> Hopefully, the next release of vim module will have a robust solution.

Maybe if you ripped out the syntax highlighting part of ViM you could
make a program with faster start up and execution. Alternatively, you
could use something like Scintilla ( http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/
). If you could add some mechinisms for recognising cached files.
There are always *-vimsyntax.tmp these files created. Maybe on first
runs of TeXexec these should always be created and overwrite ones left
over. Then when TeXexec repeats itself however many times it does, it
just reads from those *-vimsyntax.tmp files. I'm sure you already have
some ideas of your own though ;)

It's been fun!

A *huge* thanks to you!

--