The ConTeXt mailing list is probably more suitable for this
discussion, so I'm redirecting your question there (if anyone responds
to it).

----------

On 5/6/07, Stephan Hennig wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec schrieb:
> > It should be possible to do it inside PDF, but it's not implemented (yet?).
>
> Thanks.  Would be a nice feature for, e.g., invitation cards.

PDF uses 8 different kinds of text: filled, stroked (already
implemented with \starteffect[outline]...\stopeffect), ... and some
others.

See Chapter 5.2 of PDF reference manual. You probably need Text
rendering type 4. Extending support for it would be a nice excercise
in metafun programming, but I'm too slow to figure it out in a
reasonable time. I *really* need to finish extending smooth shading
patterns to a more generic model, and I will keep your problem in mind
in case it remains unsolved, but don't count on me if you need it now.

There are some people on the ConTeXt mailing list (apart from Hans of
course) who might be able to help.

Mojca