Stephan Hennig wrote:
> [CC'ed back to the metapost list, since this is not only related to
> ConTeXt.]
>
> Peter Rolf schrieb:
>> Stephan Hennig wrote:
>>> [makempy/pstoedit/Ghostscript hang]
>>>
>>> That is, it seems as if pstoedit calls Ghostscript and that hangs.
>>> I've updated to v8.56, recently, and didn't observe any problems
>>> with pstoedit and MetaPost with older versions of Ghostscript (in
>>> other applications).  What version of Ghostscript are you running?
>>>
>> also ghostscript 8.56
>
> Could someone with an older version of Ghostscript please check if
> pstoedit/Ghostscript hang with the attached example?  That would make it
> easier for me deciding where to send the bug report to.

It does not hang, but does not work either:

makempy outline

  MakeMPY 1.1 - MetaFun / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2004

        processing file : outline.mpo
             tex format : plain
        requested texts : 1
             generating : pdf file
             generating : metapost file
pstoedit: version 3.42 / DLL interface 108 (build Jul  2 2006 - release
build) : Copyright (C) 1993 - 2005 Wolfgang Glunz
ESP Ghostscript 815.03: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
PostScript/PDF Interpreter finished. Return status 256 executed command
: /usr/bin/gs -I/home/taco/.fonts -q -dDELAYBIND -dWRITESYSTEMDICT
-dNODISPLAY -dNOEPS /tmp/psineFsL9w
The interpreter seems to have failed, cannot proceed !
        processed texts : 0
          produced file : outline.mpy

Best,
Taco