On Thu, 31 May 2007 16:58:11 +0200
Henning Hraban Ramm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This was asked, but not answered before...

Hi Hraban,

I can currently solve a few of your problem but not all at the moment,
spliting tables seems to be only implemented for tables with normal
orientation and not for rotated ones.

> I've a big TABLE that needs to be rotated to fit width, but must
> break over two or three pages.
> Caption should stay horizontally (but that's not important).

Setting  the column width but my solution below produce a big offset
(difference between textheight and textwidth) at the bottom.

I have to look also how one place the caption below the table and not
on the right side.

> I tried several attempts, some didn't display anything, none breaks
> the table, e.g.:
>
> \placetable[here,90][tab:religionen]{Götter}%
> {\framed[width=\textheight, height=\textwidth]{\getbuffer[tab-
> religionen]}}
> % rotation included in the placetable parameters; with "page" instead
> of "here" it didn't display anything.

Text in frame will never be broken, it is more or less a clever \vbox
with a few positioning commands. Each TABLE cell is also a \framed box
and caanot be broken.

> % another failed attempt:
> \rotate[width=\textheight, height=\textwidth, rotation=90]{%
> \placetable[here][tab:religionen]{Götter}{\getbuffer[tab-religionen]}%
> }
>
> As you can guess, the whole table is in a buffer:
>
> \startbuffer[tab-religionen]
> \bTABLE[split=repeat]
> \bTABLEhead
> \bTR[bottomframe=on]\bTH Land \eTH\bTH Aspekt \eTH\bTH Aspekt \eTH
> \bTH Aspekt \eTH\bTH Aspekt \eTH\bTH Aspekt \eTH\bTH Aspekt \eTH\bTH
> Aspekt \eTH\bTH Aspekt        \eTH\eTR
> \eTABLEhead
> \bTABLEbody
>
> \bTABLE[width=\textheight] sets the width of the first column to
> \textheight - WHY?

"width" is the width from one cell in a TABLE, it is a abbreviation for
\framed[width=...], you are looking for "textwidth=..."

> Greetlings from Lake Constance!
> Hraban

You can start with my example below as a workaround til table
splitting a corrected in main files.

\showframe

\starttext

\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth\relax}