On Tuesday 03 July 2007 04:20, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> > I would like to shrink the whitespace at the top and the bottom
> > of a framedtext.
> > Like thus:
> >
> >     not this                         but this
> > ------------------------------
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > |                            |      |   abcd
> > |                            |      | |

> > |   abcd                     |      |   abcd
> > | | abcd                     |      |
> > | |

> > |                            |
> > |                            | ------------------------------
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > I have tried a lot of things with [before, after, top, bottom].
> > Although [depthcorrection=off] shaves somewhat off the
> > whitespace, it is not much nor am I sure if this is on the right
> > track; and it is not parametrized.
> >
> > Someone knows the trick?
>
> perhaps with an overlay?

> \def\TightFrame
>   {\startoverlay
>     {\framed[width=\overlaywidth,height=\dimexpr(\overlayheight -
> 5ex)]{}}{}\stopoverlay} \defineoverlay[TightFrame][\TightFrame]
>

> \starttext
>
> \startframedtext [background=TightFrame,frame=off]
> Hallo Welt
> \input tufte
>
> \input knuth
> \stopframedtext
> \stoptext

First I woud try just a negative \vskip thus:
\vskip -10pt

I know we are not supposed to use \vskips in Context  except when
enclosed by
\startstandardmakeup
\stopstandardmakeup
But I use them and thus far there have been no terrible bad effects.

If you use \vskip and the sky falls in then there are the more complex
but safer methods such as the  one outlined by Patrick G.
--
John Culleton
ATTN Publishers/authors: