On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, David Arnold wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2007, at 2:57 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, David Arnold wrote:
>>
>>> Here is another example, this time not within a block, but within an
>>> enumeration again:
>>
>> The newmat module seems to be the culprit. After loading newmat add
>>
>> \unexpanded\def\frac#1#2{\mathematics{\genfrac{}{}{}\donothing{#1}
>> {#2}}}
>>
>> and it should work fine. I do not really understand why this is
>> failing.
>>
> Aditya,
>
> Thanks for the reply. As far as I know, we don't explicitly import
> newmat in our environment files:
>
> trunk $ grep usemodule *
> bookenv-clean1-base.tex:\usemodule[math-ext]
> bookenv-clean1-colors.tex:\usemodule[colors]
>
> As  you can see, we do use the module math-ext

Firstly, you do not use to explicitly use math-ext. AFAIU, it is
included automatically. Secondly, something in your setup is including
newmat, because \dogenfrac is defined in newmat. Look into the log
file or the tui file for newmat. If newmat is not being loaded, then
something strange is happening.

Aditya