Hi,

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 19:54 +0200, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
> > Why should I use otfinstall instead of texfont, besides the fact that
> > texfont doesn't work?
>
>   Do you really need another reason? Have you tried otfinst? The point
> of all these scripts is to make your life easier in generating metrics,
> auxiliary fonts and map files; if you tear yourself with questions
> before trying them much of their interest is lost on you.

You're right. I'm just a curious person. I considerd texfont to be an
'official' tool, and I'd like to learn/stick to official stuff whenever
possible (at least as long as that doesn't involve me losing my sanity).

> >                       Is texfont incomplete?
>
>   I have no idea; but at any rate it belongs to a clearly “older”
> generation of scripts. The latest available version has
> “version=2004.02.06” in the documentation part, and even without that
> you can spot it quite easily since it belongs to Hans' Perl period ;-)

I didn't know Hans' had a Perl period... I guess that period has passed
now... 2004 has been a while...

> >                                              Or am I doing something
> > wrong?
>
>   Probably not.
>
> >        What are the advantages/downsides of both?
>
>   Why don't you try it for yourself?

I'll give otfinstall a shot tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply,
Pascal de Bruijn