Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
> On 8/6/07, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> well, i still use texfont for type 1 fonts, but for open type i use
>> luatex anyway which can handle it directly (actually, mkiv also uses afm
>> files instead of tfm when available, so texfont is not needed any more)
>

> How stable/reliable is LuaTeX for general use?

Well, "not at all" is the wisest answer I can give.

But I know for a fact that there are people out there (you know who
you are!) that  use luatex for production work already. As long as you
stick to the highlevel context interface, are not interested in the
archivability of documents and do not hit a showstopper bug, it is
somewhat ok to do that.

Luatex is an early beta. I am always happy to hear about bugs, but
it may take a while for them to get fixed (in the next beta), so
don't start anything time-critical in luatex that cannot easily
be handled in another way, just in case.

> Does LuaTeX already support OpenType things like
> SmallCaps, Old Style Figures, Alternates, Ligatures, etc?

Yes. Best read the magazine has mentioned, and lookup
\definefontfeature.

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/magazines/mag-0012.pdf

Best wishes,
Taco