On Sat, 12 Jan 2008, Gour wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:59:39 -0500 (EST)
> Aditya Mahajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Why does \textunderscore wail? \textunderscore should work fine.
>
> See https://mail.gna.org/public/muse-el-discuss/2008-01/msg00001.html
> thread.

This is just a mistake of the parser. Either _ should be translated to
"\textunderscore "(\textunderscore followed by a space) or more precisely
by \textunderscore{} or \_ .

> I do not remember having ever problem with underscore in LaTeX.

Read the documentation of underscore.sty and you will know the trouble of
using underscore in LaTeX (some of those are true for ConTeXt also).

>> Shouldn't such function names be written as \type{gtk_xxxx} when muse
>> converts the document to ConTeXt? In that case the _ will be
>> preserved.
>
> Right. They will fix default in muse and use \type{_} as value for
> underscore.

No, the default should either be \_ or \letterunderscore{} (with the
brackets). \type{_} will be influenced by \setuptype (or \setuptyping) and
can give colored output also.

Aditya