Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> John Devereux wrote:
>> Taco Hoekwater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>> Both of you, can you check that
>>>
>>>    luatools luat-env.lua
>>
>> I just get a blank line printed. And I get the same if I feed it the name
>> of a random, non-existent file. Which is not encouraging...
>>
>>> finds the file? If not, try running luatools --generate
>>
>> This produces:
>>
>>   LuaTools | skipping /texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf
>>   LuaTools | skipping /texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
>>   LuaTools |
>>   LuaTools | runtime: 0.003 seconds
>
> aha, so how about setting the env variables TEXMFCNF and TEXMF
>
> Hans

aha indeed!

Setting TEXMF was missing from the instructions in debian... Or perhaps I
messed up my configuration in the past.

  luatools --ini --compile cont-en

works now.

I will start playing with it.

A quick try of the example snippet did not work (see dump at end of
message) but I will look into it more and try Mojcas advice re
ctxtools --update.

Thanks.

~$cat temp.tex

\starttext
        \ctxlua{a = 1.5 ; b = 1.8 ; c = a*b ; tex.print(c) ;}
\stoptext

~$ texexec --lua temp.tex

TeXExec | processing document 'temp.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file temp.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 1151
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en

(./temp.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2008.01.28 21:28 MKIV  fmt: 2008.4.15  int: english/english

language        : language en is active
report >> utilityfile: not present
system          : cont-new loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems         : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv
lua            : used config path - /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
lua            : used cache path -
//home/jd/luatex-cache/context/6300afb4995fe38c77e9b86ed1ef1028
) (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-mtx.tex))
system         : cont-old loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
error >> define font: font with name msam7 is not found
error >> define font: name: msam7, loading aborted
! Font \*7ptmmmarm*:=msam7 at 7pt not loadable: metric data not found or bad.
<to be read again>
                   \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
                                                  \let \localrelativefontsiz...
\dodosetmathfamilyA ...amily \fontsize \endcsname
                                                  \else \ifcsname \fontbody ...
\dosetmathfamily ...athfamily \scriptscriptfont #1
                                                  \let \fontbody #3\dodosetm...
<inserted text> ...\scriptscriptface \c!ma \empty
                                                  \dosetmathfamily \mbfam \t...
\synchronizemath ...athfonts \the \mathstrategies
                                                  \fi
l.1
    \starttext
?