On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Andrea Valle wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I've briefly presented ConTeXt to the students of my course in Visual
> Identities.
> They were all enthusiastic. So they asked me if I can give an introductory
> but "real" seminar.
> At my lab the students are all on macosx 10.4/5.
> Now the probem:
> All my students comes from humanities, no computer science background at
> all. I cannot ask them to be aware of low level installation aspects.
> My ideal would be something like the standard ConTeXt I was working with an
> year ago. One installs MacTeX and can start working.
> Now, we need easy font switching. I'm actually using XeTeX. But it has been
> complicated to set it up. I don't think I can have my students dig into
> installations ("patch this" etc).
> Is there any chance to have luatex into the next MacTeX distro?
> Any ideas?

Oliver (who's comming to the meeting with the same probability as you
are :) is preparing an installer for Mac, but his last notification
was: "I have put it aside for a while since the tools for packaging
are buggy."

Actually, it should not be that much work to make the minimals behave
the same was as MacTeX, but I don't have enough motivation and skills
to dig into a proper installer.

TeX Live 2008 will include LuaTeX, and so will MacTeX (if they create it).

Have you ever tried to install minimals (http://minimals.contextgarden.net/)?

Mojca