Am 2008-06-12 um 11:00 schrieb Andrea Valle:

> The fact IMHO is that there's a potentially large base of ConTeXt
> users which are willing to learn the syntax but are scared about
> terminals, setting paths etc
> (well, me too: knowing substantially nothing of unix I'm never
> comfortable with unix aspects of my system)
> So, an installer is really welcome.

If if you got it installed, you next will need a GUI for running
ConTeXt, and if some problem arises, you are further away from the
solution than ever.
:-(

Sorry, you can't use TeX in a decent way if you can't use a shell (AKA
command line AKA Terminal AKA DOS box).

Otherwise we get a system where everything is configured "under the
hood" by some administrator - and you are in really bad luck if you
happen to be your own newborn administrator and read everywhere "if
you don't know what to fill in here, go ask your administrator".

Please everyone try to become computer literate!
(see also works by Friedrich Kittler)

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---