Hi Marcin,

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 04:54:26 -0600, Marcin Borkowski
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 3 months ago (on Friday, April 4) I asked about an option for luatex to
> automatically put ties before one-letter words.  Hans asked me to remind
> about it in a few months, so I do it now;).  (I can't answer in that
> thread since I delete old mails:( ).
>
> BTW, I guess such a feature might be also useful for other purposes.

Interesting, I was thinking about something similar recently:

A user should be able to define or augment a database such that
many-to-most ties are done automatically:

a~propos
Dr.~[A-Z]
[1--9]~CE % historical dates
[1--9]~{\sc CE}

This issue is analogous to hyphenation: one could have rules for each
language etc.

I guess this is a mkiv issue, not a luatex issue per se.

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy