On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:01:13 -0600, Olivier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Interesting, I was thinking about something similar recently:
>>
>> A user should be able to define or augment a database such that
>> many-to-most ties are done automatically:
>
> I am a bit affraid by such a feature: there are cases where it is hard
> to decide (automatically, because it means going down to the grammatical
> level) if a tie has to be added or not. Therefore the end user always
> have to choose the right thing to do: in one case, he has to add ties
> when needed, in the suggested case he has to remove them. It seems to me
> that the original problem is transformed into another dual one.
> (Of course, this might prove useful if there are less exceptions in the
> end, but I'm a bit sceptical.)

Thus, it should be a completely configurable by the user, then the user
can manage the exceptions. Based on my experience, it would save time to
have the option of a general framework -- and deal with the 10%+/- of
exceptions, than to have to enter every tie manually, and then proofread
to make sure you got the 90%+/- right.

I'm sure we could come up with a reasonable, flexible framework for this...

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy