On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 2008, at 5:16 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>>> it's probably the fallback font ... how is it used?
>>>
>>> Hans
>>
>> In a metafun label (which I can't replace with \sometxt):
>>
>> label.top(decimal value,origin) ;

>     label.top(textext(decimal value),origin) ;

Maybe that's the reason ...
    decimal value
will be typeset with metapost, while textext will be typeset with TeX.

I have a feeling that Hans defined "lmtt" as default (fallback) font
somewhere in metafun code, so that one gets used.

font-ini.mkii:%     [texnansi-lmtt10]
font-ini.mkii:%     [ec-lmtt10]
font-ini.mkii:%         [texnansi-lmtt10]
font-ini.mkiv:%         [texnansi-lmtt10]
meta-ini.mkii:      defaultfont:="rm-lmtt10";
meta-ini.mkiv:    defaultfont:="rm-lmtt10";
meta-tex.mkii:\definefontsynonym[MPtxtfont][texnansi-lmtt10]

But I have no idea when this has happened. I remember having to add
texnansi-lmtt because of XeTeX complaining of (most probably) exactly
the same thing. There are probably zero benefits if this gets fixed
back.

> forget about sometxt ...

[unless you work with mkii]

> that's mojca's personal hack

Suggestion that I need to forget XeTeX I guess :) :) :)

Mojca