Am 25.01.2009 um 19:05 schrieb João Macaíba:

I've used LaTeX for a while and found articles about ConTeXt yesterday and decided give it a try since its different approach.

Reading the docs I've found it only works with ASCII.

The authors of the manual meant ConTeXt use plain text files
as input, the encoding of the files is not limited to ASCII
chars, you could use UTF-8 without problems.

If there are other people writing in portuguese, like me, and specially brazilians, is there a way to implement ABNT standard ?

What is ABNT?

I use 'vim' and 'textmate' as my primary editors for *TeX*, and my platform is MacOSX (Leopard).

For file encoding take a look at this page:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Encodings_and_Regimes

To tell ConTeXt your document is encoded in UTF-8, write

\enableregime[utf]
% more settings
\starttext
your text
\stoptext

in your document.

The ConTeXt wiki has also page for VIM and TextMate:

- http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Vim
- http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TextMate

Wolfgang