Why not just include the SIL arabic fonts?

The OFL is fine for a license.  TL already has several other OFL'd fonts.

If someone puts the fonts on CTAN, I don't mind incorporating them in TL.
(As a practical matter, it is a lot of extra work for me to work with any
package that is not on CTAN.  And besides, we want CTAN to be
"comprehensive".)

It would also be nice to have supporting TeXish files, but if the bare
otf's/ttf's/whatever SIL gives are useful with LuaTeX/ConTeXt, I don't
insist.