On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:13, Jesse Alama wrote:
> I was recently debugging some presentation that I was working on in
> ConTeXt and found, to my surprise, that the problem was that I was using
>
>  \usemodule[blah-blah]
>
> but there was no such module called blah-blah.  The output does indeed
> say that there was no such module, but I didn't see that.  Is there a
> way to set up modules so that, if a module isn't found, an error is
> generated and the TeX run is stopped?  I would have discovered the
> source of my problem more quickly had I been able to set things up in
> that way.

Hello,

While the problem of silently ignoring the invalid options is indeed
hard to solve and would require rewritting more or less the whole
ConTeXt, issuing an error if module is not found is probably doable
and I would highly support that idea.

I often have that problem as well, but the program usually dies
anyway, with something like
    \starttikzpicture - "command undefined"
a few lines below from where I would expect it to die, so I kind of
know what to do (install a module or switch to a different
distribution).

If user writes \usemodule[this-or-that], he probably wants it to be
loaded. Plain TeX does complain if user says \input this-or-that if
this-or-that.tex is not found.

In connection with that question ... The gnuplot module uses this
command to compile graphics:
    \executesystemcommand{texmfstart --direct gnuplot\space\GNUPLOTfile.plt}

Is there a nice way to check what value gnuplot returns and to make
TeX stop at that point (offering the user to press enter and continue)
on gnuplot failure?

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca