Matija Šuklje wrote:
Hullo,

it's been a while since I used ConTeXt (I simply didn't have to write any documents), but now that I upgraded to TeXLive 2008 I noticed that ConTeXt is giving me gripes.

'context test.tex' produces:
MtxRun | error unable to identify cnf file
MtxRun | error unable to identify cnf file
MtxRun | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
MtxRun | unknown script: context

'texexec test.tex' actually produces a PDF.

'luatex test.tex' starts asking questions:
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.30.3-2009041418 (Web2C 7.5.7)
(test.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.1 \starttext

?

...and later on produces a completely messed up PDF

'luatools --generate' produces:
LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
LuaTools | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.046 seconds

I'm sure there's a step I missed in the upgrade, but I have no idea what. I've already tried a few things from the Wiki, which I think resulted in 'texexec' actually working, but the rest is still foo.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

just use the version the context garden as it is more uptodate (and also provides the latest binaries)