Hi Matija,

You need to set TEXMFCNF, TEXMFCACHE, and OSFONTDIR in your system environment,
for example in /etc/env.d/98texlive.

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei

Matija Šuklje 写道:
Hullo,

it's been a while since I used ConTeXt (I simply didn't have to write any documents), but now that I upgraded to TeXLive 2008 I noticed that ConTeXt is giving me gripes.

'context test.tex' produces:
MtxRun | error unable to identify cnf file
MtxRun | error unable to identify cnf file
MtxRun | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
MtxRun | unknown script: context

'texexec test.tex' actually produces a PDF.

'luatex test.tex' starts asking questions:
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.30.3-2009041418 (Web2C 7.5.7)
(test.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.1 \starttext

?

...and later on produces a completely messed up PDF

'luatools --generate' produces:
LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
LuaTools | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.046 seconds

I'm sure there's a step I missed in the upgrade, but I have no idea what. I've already tried a few things from the Wiki, which I think resulted in 'texexec' actually working, but the rest is still foo.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
Matija Šuklje