On Tuesday 18 August 2009 03:02:20 pm Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 20:04, John Culleton wrote:
> > On Tuesday 18 August 2009 01:48:09 pm Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> >> You are using ConTeXt minimals. You are using texexec to
> >> generate the ConTeXt formats (cont-en.fmt etc.). Why would you
> >> expect a format file for pure pdftex to be produced?
> >
> > OK, so I can't use Context-minimals and still use pdftex.  I
> > discovered years ago that many plain pdftex files would work
> > with texexec because Context is really an elaborate set of
> > macros depending on pdftex.  I'll try texexec on my pdftex
> > oriented file and see if it works.  I do most of my work in
> > plain pdftex.
>
> pdftex should work just fine, but the format is not generated by
> default.
>
> You can use
>     texexec --make plain
> but then you need to convince Hans to rename the format from
> plain.fmt to pdftex.fmt (or you need to rename it yourself), but
> unless you use some obscure packages (or fonts) then pdftex
> should work just fine. Maybe we would need to add some font map
> entries, but add you requests if you need them.
>
> Mojca

OK that works so far.  Thanks!

The reason I don't just use texexec for everything is that Iike to
use eplain.tex and there is an obscure name conflict somewhere
between eplain.tex and context.  Also I find font handling easier
in pdftex. Just a single statement is needed.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95