On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

> luigi scarso wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz <
>> thomas.schm...@uni-bonn.de <mailto:thomas.schm...@uni-bonn.de>> wrote:
>>

>>        If they fails,
>>        then we must find a solution .
>>

>>    No, the mkii solution was on the level of the map-files (just use
>>    <<font.pfb instead of <font.pfb, and it will be fully embedded);
>>    that is not applicable to mkiv.
>>
>> so "houston, we have a problem here" .
>> I think we need  Taco , or go tthrough luatex-ref.pdf .
>>

> it's no problem to provide that feature in mkiv, but i need some real
> string arguments as well as to be sure that i'll never be bothered by side
> effects of fonts not being in a pdf file

Fonts not included can sometimes speeds up things when you are coding, but I
never use this feature -- too much dangerous.
I never used full inclusion too, but it's a prepress job (and yes, I have a
prepress office);
there is also ghostscript that does this kind of distiller stuffs.
Full inclusion can be useful, at least to cover the same feature of pdftex.
(my 1cent)

--
luigi