On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM,
<luigi.sca...@gmail.com> wrote:

(>> Is this normal?)
> ....yes .
> I have  these line
> \setuppapersize[A4][A3]
> \setuplayout[location=middle]
> right to show that default layout --- and it's the default layout from
> 10years at least ---
> perhaps is  not adeguate to your needs; you need to setup* something.
>
> align (and ragged align) have always confused me, and  I suspect that
> here aligns are corrects.
>

> --
> luigi

and  <t...@elvenkind.com> wrote:
(>> Is this normal?)

> Yes, it is even a FAQ item. See here for why:
>
>   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Right_and_left
>
> In short: use flushleft or flushright. This gives the opposite behavior
> of left and right, and avoids ambiguity.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

Thank you, Luigi and Taco, for your almost instantaneous replies.

The answer to the left-right question, the recommended use of
flushright and flushleft,  is clear now.
But the eccentricity of what apparently is the default layout is still
a problem for me.
What should I do to get the page in the middle of the paper so to
speak, instead of shifted to the left, which happens with
\setuplayout[location=middle]?? I tried specifying leftedgewidth but
that does not change anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Best regards,

Robert Blackstone