On 06.10.2010 22:24, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 6-10-2010 4:26, Stefan Müller wrote:
Hi list,

I defined a float for typesetting algorithms, so I can reference them at
other places in the document.

\definefloat[algorithm][algorithms]

When I now place such a figure with

\placealgorithm[here][alg:myalgorithm]{Very neat algorithm.}{
\starttyping
some source code
\stoptyping
}

then the numbering I set up with

\setuptyping[numbering=line]
\setuplinenumbering[location=text]

is gone. Is there a way to get around this? I try to not use itemize for
this (although it seems to work with itemize), because I'd rather use
the more semantically correct approach. Any help appreciated.

this sort of works

\startbuffer
some source code
some source code
some source code
\stopbuffer

\setuplinenumbering[style=\ttx,distance=0em,width=1em]

\startsetups algorithm
\startlinenumbering
\setuptyping[file][before=,after=]
\framed[strut=no,align=normal,frame=off]{\typebuffer}
\stoplinenumbering
\stopsetups

\placealgorithm
[here][alg:myalgorithm]
{Very neat algorithm.}
{\directsetup{algorithm}}

| www.pragma-pod.nl

Thank you very much for your effort. Pretty amazing what's doable. Unfortunately there are two issues: The distance between numbers and source lines is too small for bigger line numbers. I just have to make "distance=0em" big enough for this to work, right?

The other thing: The width available for the caption is capped by the width of the longest source line. I think I prefer the source lines to start at the left margin.

In addition there is something else I didn't think of when I put up that mail (sorry for that). If I put (a very long piece) source inside a figure I won't have pagebreaks, right? So this makes me think it's probably not what I'm looking for.

Splitting up long source code in several pieces (one per page) and put them in separate figures doesn't seem right to me. Setting it as numbered paragraph? Putting up a fake caption with \placefloatcaption (which doesn't seem to work in MkIV)? Are there other possiblities of numbering (by section) more or less big chunks of source code I'm not thinking of? That would help me very much. Thanks for thinking about that.

Best regards,
Stefan.