Am 2010-11-09 um 12:27 schrieb Peter Davis:

I've used LaTeX for years, but I'm trying to work with ConTeXt now on a Win7 PC that has already had MikTeX 2.9 installed. I've downloaded the minimal ZIP file, unpacked it and run the first_setup.bat file. (Note, I don't have Ruby installed yet, so I can't use pdfTeX, but I assume some other build is available.)

Then I opened TeXworks, created a ConTeXt typesetting option, entered a helloworld.tex program, and tried to ConTeXt it.

Will you tell us anything about the settings you made in TeXworks?

Did you try to run "context" on the command line? (GUI setup is an additional complication)

This
MTXrun | resolvers: skipping configuration file 'C:/Users/peterd/ AppData/Roaming/MiKTeX/2.9/web2c/texmfcnf.lua' (no file)
looks like there's MiKTeX in your (TeXwork's) PATH, but not ConTeXt's binaries.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/