Dear Aditya,

I do think that your proposal would be of great help in writing mathematics.
Indeed the use of different alphabets, or range of characters with different
styles, depend on the fields of mathematics, so having a \setup command like
the one you suggest would be wonderful.
However, IMHO, the new setup command should follow the general rules of ConTeXt
commands for setting up different environments. So maybe the option of having
all the 12 forms, as you suggest,
        normal, italic, sans, sansitalic, blackboard, script,
        bold, bolditlaic, boldsans, boldsansitalic, boldblackboard, boldscript
would be more homogeneous with the usual style choice.

Best regards: OK