On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Taco Hoekwater <t...@elvenkind.com> wrote:
> On 03/13/2011 08:42 AM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

>>> this is the right way to work with minimals (in linux is easy than
>>> windows).
>>
>> Except if one works principly with ConTeXt, in which case it is much
>> nicer to have /path/to/minimials by default in PATH.
>>
>> I do the opposite: if ever I need to use latex (lualatex!),
>
> If I need lualatex, I just push the TeXLive bin directory to the front
> of my path. (exact opposite of Pontus' approach).
ah ok, now I see.
My PATH env var. has not a TeXLive or minimals path by default.
Every time I need a TeXLive or minimals, I open a shell and setup the its path
and I never mix the paths --- just open another shell in another
working spaces (In linux I use 16 working spaces)
or another tab in gnome-terminal.
In this way I can work with different TeXLive and different minimals
For example I have under /opt/luatex/texlive
2008
2008-texmf-local
2009
2009-texmf-local
2010
2010-texmf-local

and ~10 different minimals under opt/luatex

Of course this can be a problem with editors that expect just one
path, but I use emacs, so...

--
luigi